Sunday, June 3, 2007

meme, interrupted

Well, I was going to be very wicked and very lazy and avoid doing this meme. In fact, I made fun of it and even threatened to kill it. But it's been pointed out to me that I wasn't being either fair or nice, so I'll give it a go.

The meme starts with a list of five blogs and you're suppposed to remove the top blog from the list and add your own blog to the bottom.

Holly's Corner
An Island Life
Just Another Mommy Blog
Mother in Mourning
dead baby jokes

Done. Now on to the questions.

What were you doing ten years ago? Lying diagonally across my bed, sobbing endlessly.

What were you doing one year ago? Watching the ultrasound technician point out two flickers that she said were heartbeats.

Next, you list five of each of the following:

Five Snacks You Enjoy
1. dried apricots
2. popcorn
3. venti nonfat latte (a drink can be a snack, can't it?)
4. grande nonfat latte
5. tall nonfat latte


Five Songs That You Know All The Lyrics To
1. Handel's hallelujah chorus
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?


Five Things You Would Do If You Were a Millionaire
What makes you think I'm not a millionaire?

Five Things You Like To Do
1. drinking coffee
2. licking the frosting off cakes
3. reading dictionaries
4. buying teeny tiny cubic zirconium earrings
5. blogging

Five Bad Habits
1. drinking coffee
2. licking the frosting off cakes
3. reading dictionaries
4. buying teeny tiny cubic zirconium earrings
5. blogging

Five Favorite Toys
1. my collection of little plastic dinosaurs
2. my magic eight ball
3. my metal top decorated with elephants and clowns
4. my squirt guns
5. my bubble-making wand

Five things You Will Never Wear Again
1. ruby slippers
2. a little red riding hood
3. seven-league boots
4. rings on my fingers and bells on my toes
5. glass slippers

That wasn't so bad after all. And I'm very sorry for any hurt feelings.

I tag everyone whose blog begins with the letter "t."

10 comments:

S said...

Oof. I'm sorry for being snarky in my comment. I'm just all memed out.

Anyhoo, I think we'd get along in real life -- you with your nonfat latte, and I with my vanilla nonfat latte.

All. Day. Long.

Whenever possible.

Lori said...

You really only know the lyrics to one song? And the Messiah of all things? Or rather, just the Hallelujah chorus of the Messiah? Not even a children's song or two?

I'm afraid you and I would part ways on this one. I can't even begin to count the number of songs I know all the lyrics to.

Magpie said...

The snarky part of me wishes that I'd seen the post you pulled. The oil-on-troubled-waters pourer in me thinks you were very very nice to the one who tagged you. I don't know the words to any songs.

niobe said...

Lori -- Because I'm musically hopeless and have trouble following the tune, I'm actually pretty good at remembering lyrics.

I was just making fun of myself by listing the Hallelujah chorus, because, obviously, the lyrics consist of one word, repeated over and over.

Lori said...

Niobe- I knew you were being funny- as you so often are. But I have to put a hole in your joke and point out that the Hallelujah chorus does not simply repeat "Hallelujah" over and over. There are other lyrics, ie. "for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth." And other lofty sounding words and phrases.

Oh, and I'm with you, I will not be caught wearing bells on my fingers and bells on my toes ever again!

niobe said...

Lori: Hmmm.... in that case, perhaps I should delete it from list of songs that I know. At least I know some of it. ;)

Lori said...

Niobe- By knowing the word "Hallelujah" you can, at the very least, claim that you know 80% of the song. That's enough to hang your hat on in my book! :)

Ruby said...

I thought your post was funny too.

And by the way, I think you're very thoughtful.

Now you've made me want a latte. :)

meg said...

You know what this doesn't seem too hard and my blog does begin with t! I'll see if I can give it a try.

niobe said...

Thanks, Meg.