Saturday, April 21, 2007

the way the story goes

Everyone’s down by the water. Everyone’s out in the garden. Everyone’s under the café umbrellas, cups on their tables and tapping on laptops. Everyone’s crowding the edge of the park, while the little kids kick at soccer balls and the big kids run the bases. Everyone’s carrying shopping bags. Everyone’s taking pictures. Everyone’s on the sidewalks, with their arms around each other. There are no shadows, just sudden tufts of blue flowers. It’s not grief that leaves me so alone.

8 comments:

Kathy McC said...

(((hugs)))

S said...

Oh, man, I'm sorry it's a rough day, or week, or...

Hugs from here too.

Julia said...

how does this nice weather manages to remind us so profoundly of what we are missing? neat trick.

Nicole said...

For me it hurts because it's a reminder that life just seems to keep going for everyone but me. Is that what makes you feel alone too?

niobe said...

Exactly. There's almost a kind of bubble around me that isolates me from all the normal people doing normal stuff.

Doughnut said...

Yeah it hurts because the world can't seem to feel or see your loss and then it doesn't becomes such a big leap to think people don't care either. Truth is probably some don't but I want to believe the majority do.

jo(e) said...

(o)

Anam Cara said...

How true your post is. So beautifully expressed. (((hugs)))