Wednesday, July 18, 2007

back and forth

I've been staying with my brother and SIL for the last few days and I've found the commute into town both better and worse than I imagined it would be. Worse in that it takes a little longer than I thought it would, even when I leave the house early and the office late. Better in that, at least so far, it isn't nearly as stressful as I thought it would be.

One funny (or not-so-funny) thing is that I haven't seen my brother yet. He's been leaving before I get up in the morning and getting back after I've gone to sleep. This morning, I woke up at 5:00 and just caught a glimpse of his car pulling out of the driveway, but otherwise, it's as if he's vanished.

8 comments:

Julia said...

Yicks! I hope he at least gets his weekends to himself (and the family).

My condolences on the commute.

tipsymarie said...

I've been reading for a little while, am adding you to my blogroll. Your writing style is fascinating.

niobe said...

Tipsymarie: Thank you so much. Both for the compliment and for adding me to your blogroll.

S said...

I agree with tipsymarie. You say a lot, convey a lot, with an economy of language of which I'm envious.

EmmaL said...

I just stumbled on your blog through another one - and I'm hooked. I can't wait to read more!

Magpie said...

So he's never home, huh?

You do write beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Not only is your writing fantastic, but so are the photos!

Christine said...

vanished? hope you two ships pass sometime. . .