Wednesday, January 24, 2007

and then what happened

Back in the distant past, before everything started going wrong, I used to follow fairly closely the blogs of people with due dates close to mine. For a while after the babies died, I couldn't bear to look at them. But, recently, just to torture myself, I suppose, I checked and saw that both Adam and Maxine have arrived safely.

Of course, it's pointless to ask the inevitable, unavoidable question, and I recognize the suffering that their families have gone through to get to this happy place.

Still, whenever anyone tells me that everything happens for a reason, I say, "You're right. And the reason is that G-d hates me."

1 comment:

Lainey-Paney said...

In struggling with Riley's death, I read the book, "When Bad Things Happen To Good People".

The biggest thing I've taken with me from that: God never promised that life would be fair.

But I know how in those moments---you can't stand to hear that "everything happens for a reason"...even if you believe it yourself. It's hard not being able to see the "big picture" or "how all of the pieces of the puzzle fit together."